- This event has passed.
Kosciusko Honor & Remember – Vietnam Era Veterans
May 31 - June 3FREE
The Warsaw Public Arts Commission, along with the Warsaw Community Development Corporation and sponsors, will present The Vietnam Memorial Wall Replica, May 30th, to June 3rd. The American Veterans Traveling Tribute Wall opening ceremony will take place at the Glover Pavilion in Central Park, on Thursday, May 31st, beginning at 5:30, and will feature speaker Ken Locke, Vietnam Veteran and Salvation Army Community Ministries Director.
All living Vietnam Era Veterans (All Veterans who served from February 1961 to May 1975) who reside in Kosciusko County will be recognized at a special ceremony held at the Kosciusko County Courthouse on First Friday. However, other activities are planned over a 4-day period.
The following events are planned:
- Vietnam Wall in Warsaw, May 31 – June 3
- Friday night – Recognition ceremony at Courthouse
- Saturday Breakfast and Lunch for all Vietnam veterans
- Sunday – Memorial Service for deceased Vietnam veterans during or since the war
Veterans must be registered by April 15th.
Other helpful information:
- Wall set-up is 8:00AM Thursday morning in Central Park. Volunteers needed. Please call the Chamber office if you are able to help. 574-267-6311
- The downtown streets will be closed from Thursday night at 9PM to Friday night, a bit longer than usual. Please plan accordingly.
- Friday Night Downtown Events: Free Veteran dinner, Honoring Veterans & Flag Ceremony, Lake Area Community Band followed by Country Concert Jason Michael Carroll 8pm.
- Parking: please adjust to your normal parking spot to accommodate for a super weekend. We suggest an unrestricted parking area. Please no parking in the downtown “T”.
- Restrooms: The committee has added additional outdoor portable restrooms in the Alley between Bmac’s and 110.
- Trash: Extra trash containers and volunteers will help accommodate the amount of people expected.
- Vendors: Will be placed right along Center Street between Indiana and Buffalo St. Friday 5-10pm
- Food Court: Will be in the Plaza area, City Hall parking lot. Friday 5-10pm