Known as the “Heart of the Lakes,” North Webster bustles as residents and visitors enjoy activities on Webster Lake, the Barbee Chain of Lakes and Lake Tippecanoe.
In June you can experience the Mermaid Festival, celebrate Dixie Days in July and enjoy many other festivities throughout the year. You’ll want to visit all the unique and quaint shops throughout the downtown area and then explore the many acres of natural preservation. But don’t assume it’s quieter in the winter. Ice fishing and the Vintage Snowmobile Festivalare just a couple of the ways you can take advantage of the winter season in North Webster. All year long, you’ll find a variety of activities happening at the North Webster Community Center, which houses the public library, senior center, YMCA, and various other organizations. And you won’t want to miss the best burger in the county voted in 2014 by the public at the American Legion Post 253 “the biggest little post in Indiana”!
Not to Be Missed in North Webster
- Enjoy a 75- minute scenice & historic cruise on The Dixie Boat.
- Rent a cabin, cottage or vacation home on the lake. You could even rent a vacation home with a tree growing through the roof! Dixie Haven Resort, Fisherman Cove Resort, Treehouse Island Vacation Rental
- Go fishing on Webster Lake. You can even hire a Muskie guide to show you the best places to catch the “Big One”! Webster Lake Guide Service, Gary’s Muskie Experience LLC, Webster Lake Musky Club
- Largest selection of watersports equipment and boating accessories in the Midwest. Bart’s Water Sports.
- Shop beautiful downtown where you will find everything from a one-of-a-kind shoe store, to locatlly made items, to antiques to fine art.
- Take a tour of the National Weather Service Doppler Radar Station