At the southern extremity of Kosciusko County, Silver Lake greets travelers coming through on State Road 15. Silver Lake is a nice, quiet town with a beautiful lake, hometown restaurants and a woodworking shop just waiting to be discovered.
Silver Lake is home to two Acres Land Trust preserves. Both Bock Nature Preserve and Wildwood Preserve are near Silver Lake. Bock Nature Preserve encompasses 46.8 acres, while Wildwood is 237.8 acres.
Memory Park, located in downtown, encompasses a small waterfall and gold fish pond. Enjoy this wonderful relaxing and rejuvenating moment in this small town.
Did you know?
- Silver Lake celebrated 150 years as a town in 2009.
- Silver Lake is home to Whetstone Woodenware. Whetstone Woodenware’s products are not only sold in Silver Lake, Indiana but also in Colonial Willamsburg, Virginia.
- Wabash Valley Manufacturing is located in Silver Lake. Wabash Valley offers a large selection of tables, chairs, litter receptacles, planters,umbrellas and more, all available in numerous styles, colors and finishes to fit whatever your need – functional, elegant, eco-friendly, always reliable – without the high price.
- Metzger & Sons Trucking Co. Inc. is a licensed and bonded freight shipping and trucking company operating a freight hauling business in Silver Lake. Metzger’s has a fleet of semi-trucks and trailers and can ship almost any type of freight anywhere in the continental United States.
Not to be missed in Silver Lake
- At the Silver Inn Tavern, they are focused on providing a fun atmosphere with the highest levels of customer satisfaction. With a variety of food, (ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT Fish Dinner on Tuesday nights) beverages and entertainment to choose from, you’ll be happy with your experience at the Silver Inn
- The Igloo Ice Cream Shop is an extra yummy destination with over 20 hand-dipped premium and soft serve ice cream flavors, shakes and sundaes. This ice cream is so creamy and so tasty, we dare you not to say mmmmmmmm after your first bite!
- Just south of Silver Lake is Hileman Round Barn located on
Special Thanks to our Corporate Sponsor