Home of Lake Wawasee, the largest natural lake in Indiana, Syracuse is quite popluar among tourists. Enjoy quaint but exceptional stores and restaurants, which offer food, gifts and clothing you won’t find anywhere else!
At the Syracuse-Wawasee Chamber, you’ll find an exciting calendar of events year round, including Syracuse Park Rhythms Concert Series, fireworks, car shows, the Flotilla Parade, Syracuse SummerFest, craft bazaars and Holiday Magic. Syracuse is also home to a fine parks system with activities for kids of all ages taking place in their Syracuse Community Center. You can enjoy the lake from Hoy’s Beach, Henry Ward Park or at Lakeside Park where the kids can have hours of fun on playground equipment and in the sand, while you relax under a tree on a park bench.
In downtown Syracuse, hit Huntington Street Bar & Grill for dinner and a great blues show or try the Down Under Bar & Restaurant, a unique restaurant literally underground, where great service and great food is found all year round. Or enjoy a full service outside dining on a beautiful patio with a waterfall and fire pit near Lake Wawasee at Sleepy Owl Supper Club. Or if you’re in the mood for seafood and atmosphere, situated on a channel connecting lakes Wawasee and Syracuse, the Channel Marker makes a great location for boaters and others looking for casual dining.
Syracuse is a great shopping destination, especially during the town festivals and the summer Artisan and Farmers Market. In the summer, the lakes provide endless possibilities for entertainment including swimming, fishing, boating, skiing and relaxing. In the winter, the lakes welcome skating, ice fishing, snowskiing and snowmobiling.
Did you know?
- 2016 marks the 55th Anniversary of the Lake Wawasee Flotilla.
- Located on the edge of Lake Wawasee is Oakwood Resort, 27-acres or pure relaxation that offers panaramic views and sunsets like no other place in Indiana.
- Lake Wawasee has over 25 miles of shoreline with over 1000 lakefront homes and condos.
- Wawasee resident Loren Shaum has published two cookbooks “Seasons in Lake Country” and “Holidays in Lake Country.” Both books focus on the lake lifestyle and food that fits into the pulse of living on the lake year round.
- Syracuse is home to Polywood, Inc., a leader in develping casual outdoor furniture from recycled plastics.