Tri-County Fish and Wildlife Area is dedicated to providing quality hunting and fishing opportunities while maintaining 3,546 acres of land, with 650 acres of lakes and impoundments. This area is composed of flat to rolling upland fields and gradual to steep slopes of oak-hickory woodlands, falling off to depressions of wetlands. Tri-County includes 10 natural lakes with water depths of 75 feet. Tri-County Fish & Wildlife Area was established in 1051. By 1953, form management of the property was underway. In 1963, a dam was constructed at the outlet of six natural lakes, creating Flatbelly Marsh. The wetland is an important area for migratory waterfowl, furbearers, shorebirds and fish. Most revenues used in land acquisition, development, operation and maintenance of Tri-County Fish & Wildlife Area are derived from the sale of hunting, fishing and trapping licenses. Funds are also received from the federal Pittman-Robertson and Dingell-Johnson programs to aid fish and wildlife restoration. These funds are derived from taxes levied on sport hunting and fishing equipment. Indiana hunters and fishermen are proud to provide this property for the enjoyment of all people.